Dr Who may have finally exterminated the Darleks but have you ever wondered about decontamination in your dental surgery?
At Sparkle Dental Boutique, Chiswick we use advanced decontamination procedures to ensure a safe and healthy environment for our patients at all times. After using any instrument, the instrument goes through a 6 stage process to ensure total disinfection and sterilisation.
Following treatment all contaminated instruments are taken directly from the treatment room to our Central Sterilisation Room for processing.
- Stage 1 All instruments are visually inspected to ensure that no debris remains on the instruments prior to the sterilisation process. We remove any organic material or dental materials left on instruments by hand.
- Stage 2 The instruments are completely immersed for 10 minutes in a cold sterilisation bath which contains enzyme disinfectant which dissolves any blood and saliva.
- Stage 3 The instruments are then removed and rinsed thoroughly again in clean water.
- Stage 4 The instruments are placed in a bench top steriliser for processing.
- Stage 5 The washer disinfector is the final stage of our advanced decontamination. Very much like a washing machine the instruments go through a cycle of pre wash, main wash (at 93° with a detergent), rinse and drying, to ensure that all the instruments are totally sterile.
- Stage 6 The sterilised instruments are then placed in sterilisation pouches ready for use.
From beginning to end the whole process takes about an hour. ..be rest assured you are in safe hands